Blog Popularity Posts Dramatic Increases
It’s no secret that Fortune 500 CEO’s have been slow to embrace the benefits of social media. The latest study, released by the Charlton College of Business Center for Marketing Research, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, shows that Fortune 500 companies have increased blogging efforts by 50-percent over the past two-year period.
The following statistics highlight marketing and branding by Fortune 500 companies:
- While Facebook and Twitter usage only increased 4-percent, YouTube usage was up 69-percent. Leading conglomerates such as Starbucks, Google, Whole Foods Market, JetBlue Airways, Walt Disney and Southwest Airlines use Facebook. Facebook Pages by Industry includes the following statistics:
- Special Retailers – 96-percent
- Telecommunications – 88-percent
- Aerospace and Defense – 83-percent
- Commercial Banks – 78-percent
- Food Consumer Products – 73-percent
- Chemicals – 73-percent
- Insurance – 65-percent
- Gas and Electric Utilities – 44-percent
- Motor Vehicles and/or Parts – 40-percent
- Out of the 500 companies, 171 now have corporate blogs. Leading bloggers include Exxon and WalMart, while companies such as Chevron, Berkshire Hathaway and Phillips 66 have not embraced the benefits of blogging.
- 387 of the 500 companies have a Twitter account that has been used within the last month.
- 40 companies regularly use Pinterest, Instagram or Foursquare social media programs.
Why are Fortune 500 companies beginning to embrace the benefits of blogging? It’s simple. Blogs allow new material to be constantly published, which in turn ignites the search engine fires. The primary method used by consumers to purchase items is to search online. Google prefers websites that offer unique, ever-changing content that is rich in Search Engine Optimization.
Companies that are looking to elevate their marketing endeavors and take them to the next level should consider hiring a professional Utah web design firm. Having a professional SLC web design company offers many benefits, including having a reputable team of specialized designers, programmers and copywriters. Copywriters have expertise in adding the appropriate amount of Utah SEO saturation, allowing search engines, such as Google and Bing, to take notice of new, regularly published content.
The benefits and importance of blogging are finally starting to get noticed, gaining momentum in today’s socially adapting corporate world.