Building Customer Engagement and Loyalty Through E-mail Marketing
Are you establishing a strong relationship with your current and potential customers? Do they hear from you every so often? The efforts to generate leads will only go to waste if you do not have a robust and engaging e-mail marketing campaign that will take your relationship with your potential customers to the next level.
The challenge is for you to produce e-mails that stimulate your leads’ interest and get them to make a response, specifically, for them to visit your e-commerce website and make a purchase. With the right e-mail campaign, your goal is for them to welcome, and even enthusiastically anticipate, your e-mails.
What are the types of e-mails you can send?
- Thank you/Welcome e-mail. Once you are able to get their contact information, program your system to promptly send a welcome e-mail, along with the free gift you promised with your landing page or with your sign-up page. Send the e-mail while their awareness of your brand is still fresh in their minds. This e-mail is vital as this is your chance to make a great first impression, one that would hopefully lead to building a relationship and establishing customer loyalty.
Here are some things to take note of for your welcome e-mail:
- Thank them for signing up and show why it would benefit them that they did. Now is your chance to convince them why your e-mails should not be relegated to the junk mail folder. List down the benefits of staying in your e-mail listing (i.e. get updated with the newest promotions and sales, get useful tips and tricks, be the first to know the latest trends).
- Go with more visuals rather than copy. Again, your target audience will tend to just scan your e-mail so the e-mail should be well-designed, with your salient points easily seen at a glance. As with your other collaterals and visuals, your welcome letter should be a prime example of usability and good design.
- Take on a friendly tone. Keep it light and conversational.
- Get them engaged and visiting your website. Make sure that your welcome e-mail has a well-designed call to action. Provide links to your website, as well as to your social media accounts. This is also a good time to offer them a welcome offer, such as giving them a discount or a freebie for their very first purchase.
- Informative e-mail. When you have new content for your blog, send teaser e-mails that encourage them to visit your blog. These would primarily be updates on interesting content such as infographics, tips and insights on your industry. For instance, if you are a clothing retailer, you can discuss the hottest trends for the upcoming season. You can also send them a newsletter, especially one that aims towards establishing their engagement with your company.
- Survey or follow-up e-mail. Once your leads have positively responded to your calls to action and have made their purchase, follow up by asking them how their experience was and how you can help them improve their experience. When they make a call to your support office, promptly send a follow-up e-mail. This assures your customers that you are on top of their queries and are making it a priority. You can also send a survey about their experience or about the products they purchased. Sweeten up the deal by offering a freebie or an entry to winning prize you are raffling off.
- Event e-mail. It is good to tie up your annual activity line-up with your e-mail marketing strategy. Give your customers the opportunity to meet you “face-to-face”. Regularly schedule activities such as meet-ups, seminars, webinars, workshops, pop-up stores in their locations, as well as customer appreciation events. Whenever you sponsor a local event (such as a fun run or a concert), invite your customer to come. The e-mail should cover the basics – what is happening, who the featured guests are, when and where it is happening. Also, provide tips to ensure that their visit to the event is hassle-free, such as encouraging to sign-up online, directions to the event place, where they can go once they are there and where they can park.
- Sale e-mail. Drum up their interest in your seasonal sales by sending them online flyers that promotes discounts or items on sale. Make sure that you also provide them with the discount codes they can use upon check-out. It should be very clear that the discount code is limited to a certain period to encourage them to act immediately.
- Free gift e-mail. It is always great to receive a freebie via e-mail. This can be a free download or tickets to an event you are a hosting. Better yet, do this regularly, allocating a particularly day of the week for your freebie (i.e. “Since it’s TGIF day, we’re giving you a GIFT”).
About Adaptivity Pro
Let the experts help you formulate effective and proven e-mail marketing strategies. Adaptivity Pro offers your company seasoned and skilled Utah internet marketing experts that can team up with your marketing team to provide a complete internet marketing program that matches your company marketing goals. Aside from this, Adaptivity Pro has in its stable a team of Utah web design specialists, SEO analysts, copywriters, graphic artists, designers and programmers at your disposal.