Digital Arts Offer: Learn Web Design and Study for Free!
Good news to those who want to go to college but can’t afford to. Salt Lake Community College now offers free SLCC tuition to students taking up courses in the field of digital arts, such as web design, graphic design, photography, illustration and much more. With this scholarship program, students can get a Certificate in Digital Arts or an Associate Degree in Digital Arts without worrying about tuition fee payments. The US Department of Labor has taken care of it for you!
In today’s world where information and design is key, particularly for the world wide web, websites are multiplying and there is a growing need for skilled web designers, illustrators and graphic artists. In recognition of the need to develop skilled workers to meet this need in the digital arts industry, the Department of Labor has partnered with Salt Lake Community College to provide free training to those who are interested in building their skills in illustration, graphic design and web design in Utah.
This is an exciting opportunity for those who qualify and who want to develop a career in the Salt Lake City web design and digital arts field. It is also open to those who are already employed in the digital arts industry but would want to take his or her career a step further.
This offer is for a limited time only and is offered to students who meet the following requirements for the Utah scholarship program:
- Meets high school level requirement – either has a high school diploma or its equivalent via a GED
- Belongs to the low income bracket or is currently unemployed
- Is 16 to 24 years of age
- Is or has been a recipient of food stamps for the last six months
- Is a citizen of the United States
- Is homeless or placed in the foster care system
- Is currently unemployed due to lay-off or termination or due to the collapse of one’s own business because of the economic downturn (for any age)
- Is unemployed and has claimed all available unemployment allowances or benefits (for any age)
- Is a displaced homemaker (for any age)
- Is currently working in the field of digital arts and would like to improve or learn new skills
Please note that eligible students meet one or more of the above requirements.
If you are interested in applying for this program, visit the Available SLCC Tuition Programs page of the school website to see the complete list of certificates and degrees that are offered in the scholarship plan. You can also visit the Eligibility Requirements page to check if you qualify for tuition.
About Salt Lake Community College
Salt Lake Community College has in its roster over 100 degree programs, not just in the field of digital arts, but also in other technical, vocational and academic areas. The courses and credits provided by SLCC may be transferred and accepted for credit to other four-year colleges belonging to the state. This is because the school has received accreditation from the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges.
Article Provided By:
Adaptivity Pro Web Design
Salt Lake City Utah
P.O. Box 951049
South Jordan, UT