The Effective Use of Meta Tags for SEO
Keyword meta tags are tags that are specifically written for search engines and are not visible to website users. It used to be an important aspect of SEO, where search engines based search results on the keyword tags. It was also used to direct users to the right webpage, even if they used misspelled search words.
However, keyword meta tags have fallen by the wayside in terms of their ability to affect rankings as search engine algorithms became more sophisticated. Nowadays, search engines can “know” the topic and coverage of the webpage just by looking at the contents. Search engines are also able to automatically correct any misspellings. Thus, you have the option of using them or simply doing away with meta tags.
- Use keywords that don’t appear in the page.
- Use the same meta keyword tag for all the webpages
- Decide whether to use them or not. If you decide not to, simply remove them from the website.
- Ensure that the meta tags used also appear somewhere in the webpage.
- When using meta tags, use 250 characters or less.
- Use unique keywords in the meta tags for each webpage. Use variations of a keyword.
Adaptivity Pro for your SEO needs
Maximize your Utah SEO or Salt Lake City SEO efforts by seeking help from experts. Adaptivity Pro provides great value services to help you strengthen your presence on the Internet. Adaptivity Pro specializes not only in Search Engine Optimization but also in web design and development, as well as in Pay-Per-Click Management, Social Media Marketing and E-Commerce Marketing. Adaptivity Pro has worked with numerous establishments in Salt Lake City and the rest of the Utah area to create great value services for your business.
Article Provided By:
Adaptivity Pro Web Design
Salt Lake City Utah
P.O. Box 951049
South Jordan, UT