Necessary Essentials for Optimizing Websites
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a fundamental and essential component to a successful website. SEO helps companies position their websites to be attractive to customers, which ultimately improves and increases sales.
SEO is not about finding a way around the search engine game. The main purpose of SEO is to help create a good user experience and recommend websites for search results.
The main foundation of a website is the infrastructure, platform, information architecture and the content. The social media additions, links and paid search results are the decorative parts of a website. While these are integral, they don’t make up the foundation of a website.
Search engines have a specific method for determining website relevancy. This is determined by analyzing four key factors.
- Content – A website’s content is one of the most important aspects in determining search relevancy. The content includes the theme, page text, descriptions and titles.
- Performance – Sites need to work fast and properly or they lead to user frustration.
- Authority – A website should serve as a reference. Websites that link to other authoritative sites also rank higher.
- Experience – Websites should be easy to navigate and look attractive. High bounce rates are a negative for search engines.
In contrast, search engines stray away from websites that focus on keyword stuffing, purchased links and poor user experiences.
Before creating a website, companies need to define a web business plan. This includes asking the following questions:
- What is the company selling?
- What does a company want customers to click on?
- What are a company’s goals?
- What defines a conversion?
- What are a company’s liabilities and assets?
Companies should also use several channels to help optimize their sites. This includes exploring social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, print advertising, television ads and email campaigns.
An experienced Utah web design firm can help companies determine consistent domain names and essential keywords. Having several different types of optimization, including video and non-text content, is also essential. Utah SEO practices can help boost companies’ revenues, helping to create unique SLC web design that is attractive to search engines and potential customers.