Tips for Boosting Website Conversions
Instead of companies focusing on drawing new customers to their websites, it’s best to direct energies towards converting existing visitors into long-term customers. To help convert customers, it’s important for companies to focus on their conversion rates. Highlighted below are several helpful tips.
- User-Friendly – Websites that are easy to read, simple to scan and offer easy navigation help boost conversion rates. Companies that only focus on a single web browser, such as Internet Explorer, could easily be losing out on alternate browser markets, such as Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
- Honesty – It’s important that websites are honest, as this forges open relationships with customers. If products are out of stock, it’s important for the website to highlight this information, instead of giving customers a let down when they go to checkout.
- Time – Customers time is precious and it’s important for companies to respect this. If a customer requests additional information, it’s important that companies not require a lengthy application form, as this is a turnoff to potential clients.
- Trust – To help establish trust, companies should include their phone number and a physical address. Including a SSL certificate and even a VeriSign Secured logo helps customers feel more comfortable providing private credit card information. A professional website helps accomplish this goal.
- Returns – To further establish trust, it’s important that companies clearly outline return policies. The most common return policy is 28 to 30 days after receipt of items.
- Informed – Keeping users well informed is important. This includes providing estimated delivery dates and tracking information. Happy customers are much more apt to provide referrals to friends and family.
- Payment Options – Companies should consider offering a variety of payment options, including credit cards, PayPal and even Google Wallet.
- Value – This is where some websites really excel. Consider Amazon, when a customer adds a product to his/her basket, they highlight other products that customers purchased. This helps a customer browse other interesting items, without making him/her feel as though sales tactics are being employed.
- Stay Memorable – Providing abundant information helps websites excel. Consider including detailed product information, reviews, testimonials and highlights. By forging a relationship with clients, it helps ensure they will return time and again.
- Selling Point – It’s important that companies have a selling point. This helps to distinguish them from their competitors and gives customers a reason to purchase from them instead of the competition. Whether it’s highlighting low prices, customer service, free delivery, exceptional online support or the benefits of purchasing from a family-run business, companies need to advertise their selling point to customers.
Adaptivity Pro specializes in creating unique, one-of-a-kind Utah web design. With a special focus on e-commerce companies, they have been able to help companies’ boost revenues via SLC web design and detailed Utah SEO marketing strategies.