Tips for Streamlining Web Designs
Having stunning web designs that offer eye appeal, functionality and ease of use play pivotal roles in making companies successful. Adaptivity Pro, a leader in Utah web design, offers a look into streamlining SLC web design, helping make websites user friendly.
When surveyed, consumers cite the number one reason for immediately exiting websites is challenging, overwhelming designs. Ease of navigation, simplicity and an effective web design that captures audiences’ attentions are important elements for companies to incorporate into website designs. Companies should consider the following when working with professional web designers:
- Logo – Brand recognition plays a central role in companies’ revenues. Logos should appear simple, yet professional and polished, having a prominent location on companies’ sites. Logos should also link back to the home page, as this makes it easy for customers to return to a starting point after advanced searches.
- Navigation – Using intuitive navigation is a vital component to any successful website. Whether it’s using a side bar or top horizontal navigation banner, easy navigation is proven to boost sales.
- Clutter – Websites should be simple, yet effectively convey necessary information. Clutter should be eliminated, which includes reducing complicated hard-to-load images, overwhelming color options, distracting animated images or even too many photographs. Writing styles should be geared towards the general public with uncomplicated short paragraphs.
- Space – To prevent customers from being overwhelmed, adding enough space between paragraphs is essential. This breathing space should not be confused with adding too much white space, which should be limited.
- Color – Strategic website color is beneficial. Companies should generally use neutral colors that feature clean, modern, professional and elegant appearances.
- Photography – Instead of opting for do-it-yourself photography, companies should invest in professional images that immediately convey a non-generic image to customers.
- Fonts – Websites should utilize fonts that easily render and scale on mobile and desktop devices, as well as selecting fonts that are easy to read.
- Landing Pages – Every page should be considered a landing page, as this makes it user friendly for customers that don’t enter through home pages.
- Contact Information – Companies should make their contact information easy to locate. This information should be located in the upper or lower portions of websites.
- Responsive Designs – Websites should be easy to view over a variety of software mediums. This translates to higher customer conversion rates.
- Flash – Often overrated, flash doesn’t work with Apple products, so it’s best to avoid using this software on web designs.
- Buttons – Visitors love the simplicity of clicking on attractive buttons. Experts suggest creating attractive “submit” or “send” buttons that urge readers into calls for action.
- Testing – Whether it’s testing Utah SEO keywords or website designs, expert designers put websites through vigorous tests to ensure user-friendly designs.