User-Friendly Web Designs
Adaptivity Pro, a Salt Lake City Web Design company, specializes in providing web design services. They understand the importance of eliminating outdated, hard to navigate content. User-friendly websites, content organization, ad placement and color schemes are a definite must in today’s technology-driven world.
The following web design features are incorporated into Adaptivity Pro’s SLC web design:
- Usability – An important feature that determines whether a user returns to a website in the future. Complicated navigation makes for a higher bounce rate, as do too many links and broken links. Bulk, high resolution images can take a long time to download, causing choppy screen shots, drawing attention away from the site’s content and making a user simply navigate to the next website on the search queue.
- Legibility – Fonts that are difficult to read are a negative in the business world. Instead, companies should focus on simple, standard fonts, such as Verdana, Tahoma, Arial and Times New Roman that are compatible with smart phones, tablets, Windows-based PCs and Mac-based programs. Different browsers should be tested to ensure content is legible in any format; some companies may want to consider double spacing for easier readability. Remember, white space can be friend or foe.
- Color Schemes – Researchers have spent a great deal of time determining consumer-friendly Internet color schemes and those that are a turn-off to the general computer-based population. Color schemes should appeal to a wide audience and businesses should confirm these colors appear in the same mediums across different Internet platforms and programs.
- Dimensions – People have a minimal attention span, so businesses are advised to keep the most important content at the top of their website, limiting users from having to scroll down lengthy pages to find simple information. This is also important for smart phone and tablet users, who often have Internet connections that are not up to high-speed standards and may take a lengthy period of time to properly load. Too much information turns off consumers, so breaking up long pages into several sections is highly recommended.
- File Size – Higher resolutions photos, videos and flash files take longer to download, meaning that if a website takes more than 10 seconds to be fully functional, most consumers will hit the back button on their browser and return to search results. Users like fast-loading websites that are attractive and easy to use.
Adaptivity Pro works with professional Utah web designers to help create appealing, quick-loading websites that are designed to increase the number of visitors and promote a company’s services, products, etc. Custom web designs, such as those created by Adaptivity Pro, are often analyzed by Google search engines, deemed as providing original content and allowing them to appear higher in search results.
Article Provided By:
Adaptivity Pro Web Design
Salt Lake City Utah
P.O. Box 951049
South Jordan, UT