Using Video Content On Your Business Website
Are videos an effective tool in reaching your target audience? Or are these just distractions that slow your website down? In today’s interactive world, video content has its benefits, provided that this is used wisely. Videos can effectively engage your target audience and encourage them to actively interact with your website. Remember, competitors are also trying to establish their online presence via their website and you need to be creative in setting yourself apart – and one way to do this is through adding video content.
Here are some reasons why adding videos to your website is a good idea:
- Videos reach a wider range of audiences. People process information differently. They can be classified as visual learners (processing information through what they see), auditory learners (processing information through what they hear) and kinesthetics (who learn through touch and hands-on experience). There are also others who are a combination of these three basic types. Videos incorporate images, text and sound and are thus able to engage more of the senses.
- Videos provide readers with a better grasp of your brand. Videos show a potential client who you are and what you can offer them. The readers can more easily perceive your brand’s personality, as well as your level of expertise. You can show clients your physical location, awards and achievements your company has earned or tell them your company’s story. You can also have a video of the company’s president, executives and employees to provide your company with a personal look that puts readers at ease with your brand.
- Videos can be used to inform and demonstrate. Videos can also be used:
- To demonstrate your products, its features and how it works
- For tutorials about the website and how to use the products
- To provide a quick tour of the website
- To update readers of the latest developments about your company or your industry
- To show customer testimonials about their experience with your products or services
- Videos drive traffic to your website. The presence of a video adds weight to a website page when foremost search engine, Google, evaluates the page and ranks the page. To make this work, you need to employ sound video SEO strategies. Start by researching targeted keywords and using these strategically in your video titles and tags. Make sure that keywords are not used redundantly. Then, upload your company videos through different video sharing sites. This multiplies the number of backlinks you have.
Indeed, using video content has a number of benefits. However, here are some things to remember:
- Work to produce quality videos. Since videos give readers an up close and personal view of your company, you should produce quality and professional-looking videos. Mediocre productions will only hurt your brand since this sends a message that you are not concerned with quality. Work on the script, art direction, videography and editing.
- Keep the technicalities in mind. After producing the video, choose the appropriate video platform and format so that the page is able to load the video quickly without sacrificing video quality.
- You still need to incorporate text. Although videos improve the readers’ user experience, text is still important, as this is still the main factor in evaluating a page for search engine ranking. You can creatively combine text and video content, including video transcripts (that you can have available, depending on your readers’ preference).
About Adaptivity Pro
For your Utah website design needs, Adaptivity Pro is your go-to partner. We have the experience and expertise you need to take your website to the next level and increase your presence in the Internet. Adaptivity Pro also provides SLC SEO and internet marketing, enabling you to apply sound SEO strategies using video content and other types of content.