Your E-Commerce Website and Customer Engagement
Cash in on the growing market of online shoppers! If you don’t have an online store, now is the time to seriously consider building one. If you already have an online store, recognize that a lot of your competitors have already seen the potential of online sales and have their own e-commerce websites. How do you stand out? And more importantly, how do you build an effective strategy for keeping your customers engaged on your online store?
Here are some strategies:
- Use e-mail and social media. These tools can serve as your “hook”. Once you get leads, work towards converting that lead into a loyal customer by regularly interacting with him outside of your e-commerce website. The same goes for your Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts. With these, you can establish awareness of your brand and your store while building a relationship with your customer. Keep e-mail and social media posts relevant and interesting. Some content ideas include tips and tricks (such as posting recipes that feature the ingredients you sell or a tutorial that uses your product), latest trends and invites to your local events.
- Practice clustering. This is especially applicable for fashion-related websites. Online clothes and accessories store can feature a “look of the day”, which shows customers not just single products but how they can put various products together to produce a certain “look”. Other online retail stores can also do the same. What you are going for is giving them a similar experience customers get from shopping in a brick and mortar store, where mannequins showcase various items sold in the store.
- Focus on content. In addition to writing eye-catching product descriptions, you can feature additional content such as human-interest stories or lifestyle content that is related to your products. For example, a crafts store can feature interesting and unique ways other customers have used their products. Electronics products can have tutorials on little-known capabilities so that customers can make the most of the product they purchased. Other content include reviews, product demonstrations and how-to videos. You can include a magazine section in your website for this purpose.
- Build a community inside and outside of your e-commerce website. Enable customers to engage and actively participate by providing a feedback section as well as a forum. Stimulate discussions by asking questions or raising issues that concern your market. Also, avoid making these forums and platforms all about your products. Online readers will lose interest if all you post are about your products. Rather, know your target audience and the issues that interest them. In addition, have local-based activities such as meet-ups and pop-up stores that provide a “face” to your online presence.
- Run contests. For fashion websites, hold a contest on how your online customers plan to style a featured item. These contests can also involve voting through your customers’ social media accounts. When doing this, be sure that contest mechanics are clear-cut and that you have a way for sifting bogus social media accounts that were created for the purpose of winning a contest.
- Design your e-commerce website with your users at the center. Websites, most especially e-commerce websites, should be customer-centric. Focus on usability and aesthetics – your website should look fabulous and run smoothly. Customers should be able to easily browse your website, add items to their shopping cart and complete their purchase with ease. Ensure that purchases are secure and that any complaints are attended to.
- Give your customers incentives. This can come in the form of giving loyalty points for purchase or for feedback provided, discounts, exclusive sales and personalized promotions. You can also incentivize for new customers they bring to your website.
About Adaptivity Pro
These are just some Utah Internet marketing strategies that you can apply. Adaptivity Pro has more tried and true strategies in its bag of tricks. Its solid years of experience and established team of experts are what makes Adaptivity Pro one of the premier Utah web design companies you can trust with your e-commerce concerns. It also provides other web-based services such as web design, copy writing and SEO analysis.