Blogging: Reasons Why Your Company Should Do It
The information superhighway that is the internet seems to be congested. With the glut of content available in the net, you may be wondering if adding your own content still makes sense from a business perspective. Does maintaining a business blog add value to your company or to your brand? The answer is a resounding “Yes!”.
Here are some reasons why you need to maintain a blog and channel some of your resources to ensuring that this blog regularly provides quality content:
- Blogging widens your reach via social media and does so naturally. The key is to have interesting, useful or engaging content that is “shareable”. Having great content enables you to leverage on your readership and their social media connections. This, in turn, enables you to reach a potentially new audience.
- Your blog assists in lead generation. Not only does the blog generate more traffic for your website, every blog post provides you with an opportunity to engage your readers and convert visitors into solid leads. Be sure to have an interesting special offer (free newsletter, free e-book) and call-to-action. Blog updates can also serve to qualify your leads. With the help of analytics tools, you can see the quality of the leads you are getting. A reader who has made a lot of visits to your blog and read a lot of pages indicate that they are seriously considering your products or services. This way, you are able to prioritize contacts so that your sales personnel do not waste time of low quality leads.
- You can reach new clients through your blog. If potential customers have a need that your products or services can provide, they will serve for information. This is especially true about potential customers who already have you in mind or are comparing various products or services. Even if they do not engage with your blog by providing you with their names and contact information, they are more likely to go to your physical office to buy the product, since they have already performed their research about it. And, if you are able to craft a content strategy that effectively reaches out to your target market, you can make it easier for readers who still do not know you or have not done business with you to find you via a search engine.
- It’s good PR for your brand. Your blog can be a showcase about your company – who you are and what you are able to do. With blog posts, you are reaching readers and building relationships with them. This may not immediately convert into sales, but your blog posts give you a chance to improve brand recognition and hopefully, help you be the first brand that is on the top of your reader’s minds.
- Good blog posts establish your expertise and brand. Quality content that is relevant to the products and services you provide can improve the way your present and potential customers view your brand. When you can speak with authority and expertise on the topic and provide knowledgeable advice, the readers see that you know what you’re doing. The reverse is true. If your blog content is irrelevant, uninteresting and peppered with grammatical errors, it points to your capability (or lack of it) to satisfy your customers. With blogging, you need to be constantly updated with the latest trends and innovations in your industry. This, in turn, enables you to establish greater authority and expertise.
- Blogging is a way to provide customer service. Address frequently asked questions and issues that your customers may have. For instance, if you are selling a product, you can provide information, tutorials and videos on how to use the product and how to clean it. And, if you allow readers to comment and discuss, you are able to gain more insights about your customers’ needs.
- Blogging improves SEO efforts. Yes, your website content will have its own SEO strategy. However, since you do not usually make regular updates on your website content, these are primarily static. Blogs, on the other hand, can contain fresh content regularly and enable you to obtain more indexed pages in the search engines. You are able to improve and broaden your keyword range with new blog entries.
- You can partner with related businesses and increase income potential. You can monetize traffic on your blog by providing ad space for related industries. There are companies who would rather pay to advertise that build a blog.
About Adaptivity Pro
Spending a few hours a week to generate quality content does provide great rewards. If you would rather concentrate on your company’s operations, Adaptivity Pro can be your Utah SEO partner in helping you maintain your blog, as well as check how well it is working. Adaptivity Pro’s team is composed of experienced copy writers and SLC SEO specialists, as well as web designers, programmers and artists.