Choosing a Web Design Company for Your Small Business
Let’s face it. Having your own IT department for your small to medium-sized business is not practical, given the size of your enterprise. The best option will be to outsource to a company that can best meet your website design and Internet marketing needs. A web design company will have both the expertise and the experience. Its team will also know about the latest design trends, SEO rules and social marketing principles.
The experts can provide you with services and skills that your current roster of employees may not have. They can also steer your company clear of possible website-based pitfalls. Lastly, they can provide you with a great-looking, user friendly website that will help establish your presence in the Internet. On the other hand, the wrong choice of provider can result in a poorly designed website or a poorly planned and implemented SEO strategy.
That is why you need to make your choice with care. Now, how do you choose a web design company that will provide a great fit for your business and business needs? Here are some considerations:
- Your business requirements. How will your presence in the Internet and social media support your business goals? Is it to increase awareness for your brand? Is it to provide information and serve as an online brochure for your customers? Is it to generate leads or sales? Do you need an e-commerce website? Do you need someone to redesign and maintain an existing website? What does your business wish to achieve with the website? Knowing what you want to achieve will help you evaluate whether you are getting a reasonable ROI for this project. Of course, you need to remember that your goals, requirements and growth plans need to be realistic.
- Your budget. As this is a business investment, you should also consider how much you can spend for your Internet-related needs. One of the key questions to ask a potential Internet services provider is their pricing. Ask for a quote based on the services you require and review this quote line by line so that you know what to expect.
- Company or individual? Do you need a team or will a single provider do? The advantage of working with a web-services company is that you have a team at your disposal – this includes web designers, web programmers, graphic artists, SEO analysts, copywriters and Internet marketing specialist. One person can provide all of these services but may most likely not provide the highest levels of expertise at all of these areas. If your budget or your preferences point to a single provider, you can provide support by having a member of your team doing the copywriting.
- Experience and track record. What is their experience in creating the functionalities that you need for your website? For instance, if you will use your website for sales purposes, does the potential provider have extensive experience in e-commerce? What is their success record in terms of conversion, increase in Internet presence and generation of leads? Can you talk to past or present clients to have insights on their working relationship and how well the provider was able to meet the needs of these clients? You can also ask clients about the provider’s ability to work within a given budget, to meet the agreed milestones on the work promptly and according to specifications and to promptly respond to questions and to troubleshooting issues.
- Aesthetics and usability. Take a look at the provider’s portfolio. How well do you like the looks they are able to provide? Is the navigation intuitive, clean and simple? What is the provider’s approach to design and usability? How have they applied this approach to websites for desktops and mobile websites? The approach should be centered on your readers.
- After a website is launched, what services do they provide? How would they deal with future changes to the website?
About Adaptivity Pro
If you are looking for Utah web design services, you need not look any further. Adaptivity Pro is your partner of choice when it comes to web-based services. Our reputation is a testimony of our commitment towards providing our clients with excellent Return on Investment for their web-based projects. We offer a wide range of services – SLC SEO, Internet marketing and much more.