Content Marketing and Why It Is Good for Business
More and more, content matters. You do not simply load your website copy with a jumble of SEO keywords carelessly inserted into your copy and leave it at that. This is a thing of the long past and Google has made steps to ensure they put a stop to this practice. Now, the longer a reader stays in your site, the better your reputation with the foremost search company.
Content is still king. You need to produce quality content, one that your readers find useful, interesting and relevant. Savvy businesses most often than not have a sound content marketing strategy, with quality content for their website and a regularly updated blog, as well as an active social media presence.
Here are some reasons to focus on content marketing:
- Good content draws in potential customers. If someone were looking for a tutorial on how to fix a broken hinge on the door, would your hardware store blog provide this? If you were an online paper store, do you have tutorials on how to create a variety of crafts using your products? Good content helps you attract more leads – and these are good leads since these are people who are looking for what you have to offer. By wisely utilizing the search engines, you can lead potential customers to your blog and website. You are also able to get good leads since good content can also result in more sign-ups for your regular newsletters.
- Good content increases your sales. As a result of the first point, you have more potential sales, since you are able to lead people to your products precisely at the time that they are looking for solutions related to these products.
- Good content strengthens your position as an expert. Content marketing also results in good branding. For one, when you produce quality articles, it reflects on your brand and the quality of your products. Secondly, providing timely and relevant insights into the latest trends establishes your brand as a leader in your industry. Once you establish yourself as a useful resource, you get to contribute to your customer’s decision-making process for his purchases.
- Good content builds long-term relationships with readers and customers. As you establish your reputation as an expert, or as one who provides entertaining or interesting content, you can also build a strong readership base. Over time, your relationship with your readership can also translate to loyal customers who regularly go back to your blog and website for updated content. With your blog and social media accounts, you can interact with your customers and get your head closer to the ground so that you can better understand what they want.
- Good content is “cheap” marketing. How much does it cost to maintain a blog with quality and well-researched content? The cost (including the writers, researchers and website maintenance) will be considerably less than hiring an advertising agency and putting up a billboard.
- Good content is one way to deliver customer service. How do customers troubleshoot any issues with your products? What is the best way to maintain these? Are there alternative uses to your product? Publishing related articles for these areas help your customers enjoy your products more.
- The production of good content can also serve to boost your employee’s morale. Content marketing also has its internal benefits. When you involve your employees in the process of creating good content, this provides them with a voice and constantly reignites their passion for their work. When they feel they have “expect resource” status, this in itself can be a great morale booster. Of course, you also need to safeguard the content and only pick trusted customers to handle the publishing to ensure that only approved content gets published.
About Adaptivity Pro
The importance of quality content and content marketing, more than ever, shows that you need to ensure that you only publish articles and content that meets your standards. This is where Adaptivity Pro can help – we have a team of writers and SEO specialists who can produce stellar results. Adaptivity Pro is your Utah SEO expert. It also provides top-notch Utah web design, programming and Internet marketing services.