Essential Tips for Increasing Online Sales
A multi-billion dollar industry, online sales represent a significant portion of today’s retail market. With e-commerce sales up by $33 billion between 2011 to 2012 alone, experts predict that mobile shopping will increase by 30-percent from 2014 to 2016, ultimately surpassing traditional desktop shopping. This trend means that many companies and retailers are being forced to gear up and implement new sales strategies.
Adaptivity Pro, a Utah web design company, highlights several tips that will help companies increase online sales. Adaptivity Pro has advanced experience boosting companies’ e-commerce revenues, taking a kitchenware website from only $20,000 in sales per month to more than $250,000 per month within a short six-month period.
- Faster – It’s important that websites operate fast on desktops and mobile devices. An expert SLC web design team can help boost web speed, making it appeal to more customers.
- Goal – Companies need to set specific e-commerce goals, whether it’s increasing traffic or improving the conversion rate.
- Funds – It’s important that companies focus on paying for the most essential components, such as WordPress plug-ins, professional graphic design, SLC SEO web campaigns, etc.
- Funnel – For websites that focus primarily on e-commerce, it’s important that customers are presented with a sales funnel. This allows them to be directed to a portion of the website, such as an online catalog, that allows for easy purchasing and presents few distractions.
- Optimization – To help ensure that websites are mobile device friendly, it’s important to have expert web designers create a mobile friendly version of the site. This allows the site to immediately resize the visual content based on the user’s mobile device, whether it’s a Smartphone or tablet. All buttons and website call to action features should be tap-friendly, allowing companies to fully engage in the mobile e-commerce revenue market.
- Free Shipping – Even if a price is slightly higher than the competition, free shipping compels consumers to purchase. An excellent platform that relies on this model is Amazon.com.
- SEO – Both text and video combine to create higher SEO rankings.
Businesses should pay specific attention to their competitors’ websites, making sure they remain competitive in order to attract customers. Google Analytics also offers companies a glimpse into their sites’ popularity, highlighting important details such as conversion rates, length of online visits, demographics, etc.
Companies can also research market demographics to figure out what does and doesn’t work, which can help eliminate trial and error, allowing businesses to focus on sales-driven results.