Harnessing Social Media for Your Website’s SEO Strategy
Your company’s social media account is not just about posting pictures of your latest company picnic or of posting announcements for your employees. Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites are actually very useful in boosting the search rankings of your website.
Here are some ways for you to strengthen your website’s online presence using your social media accounts:
- Establish social links to improve search rankings. Search engines consider social media links to be credible and relevant links. That is why you should include a link to your website to your Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube and other social media profiles. This can be especially helpful if you are able to successfully run a campaign that goes viral. You can also provide links to company events, the latest blog posts and the newest products in your social media posts. You should also do the same the other way around – each blog post should have a social media account linked to it. This encourages readers to share your content in their social media accounts.
- Establish your follower base. Boost your rankings by having more followers with higher quality (i.e. level of activity in social media). As they follow you and as you provide relevant and interesting content, you gain more standing by the times they share, retweet, like and comment on your posts. These are social signals that search engines look for. Do not bother with manufactured social media accounts. Rather, do the slow but sure process of expanding your follower base with authentic profiles. You will see that as you grow your base, you will more easily gain more followers as existing followers can win more followers to your social media sites.
- Practice SEO tactics in your social media posts. That is, use keywords in your posts, create content that is easily searched and interesting to share. Keep content and posts public so that it can be indexed by search engines. When you have useful and engaging content to share, provide a descriptive and keyword enhanced title. For the text in your post, be sure to not just include keywords but your company name as well. What’s more, you should also optimize for local search. As you establish actual links in the local community, you can update your social media accounts about these events and encouraging locals to engage in your content. You can also link with local social media shakers and celebrities in an effort to establish a social media relationship.
- Don’t ignore Google+. Without a doubt, Google will support Google+. Thus, it makes sense to keep your Google+ profile fresh and updated. Check that all relevant fields are filled up, adding links to your website or blog. What’s more, you should also have a local Google+ listing.
- Don’t ignore Pinterest. Pinterest provides you the ability to create content that is not just searchable but also shareable. Users can easily pin posts they like and their friends can see these pins. You can link a Pinterest post back to your blog or website as well.
- Run a social media-based contest. If you feel your social media and website rankings need a boost, increase exposure by running a contest that makes use of your social media account. There are a number of exciting contests with great potential for going viral. Some examples include having a photo or video contest (where winners are chosen by the number of likes they have) or exchanging raffle entries for likes in your various social media accounts. Before you run the contest, be sure that you have carefully checked the rules that Facebook and other social media have with regards to contests.
About Adaptivity Pro
For more SEO and social media strategies, you should go to a partner you can trust with your business’ requirements. Adaptivity Pro is your Utah SEO expert, with a solid team of SEO analysts and writers. Adaptivity Pro is also a choice provider of SLC web design, Pay-per-Click and Internet-based Marketing.