High Performance Title Tags for SEO
A title tag is a shorthand description of the content of a webpage and is one of the key tools in Search Engine Optimization. If you want to improve your SEO rankings in a jiffy, strengthen your title tags. This is what the search engines will look at to understand the webpage’s contents. The title tag is also the first thing users will see and will more likely determine whether they will click through to the actual webpage.
With a strong title tag, you can enjoy improvements in overall traffic, as well as in search engine rankings and click-through rates. The key is in striking a balance between “searchability” for search engines and being catchy enough to capture the interest of human visitors.
Here are some tips for high-performance title tags:
- Leave the title tag blank on any page.
- Repeat the same title tag for different pages in the website.
- String together a title tag composed of only keywords.
- Have a title tag that is not relevant to the contents of the webpage.
- Have a title tag written only for the search engine.
- Make the most out of every single character. Title tags have character limits (70 for Google) so do make sure that all characters are optimized. Avoid words such as a, the, of, that and so on.
- Use keywords at the beginning of the title tag.
- Add action words to compel the user to click through to the webpage. Some examples include read, discover, learn, find, try, download, enjoy, buy or get.
- Add secondary keywords or variations of the primary SLC SEO keywords.
- Test your title tags by regularly measuring changes in rank.
- Put your title tag as the first item under the <head> section.
- Incorporate keywords into the title tag so that it reads naturally.
- Stick to the 70-character limit. Think of newspaper headlines – catchy yet short.
- Write the title tag for human visitors as well. Convince them to visit your website.
- Accurately describe what the webpage is about.
- Include product names, manufacturers, services you provide, etc.
Adaptivity Pro for your SEO needs
For help in drafting high-performance title tags, you can count on Adaptivity Pro. Adaptivity Pro specializes in Utah SEO and Utah Web design. It has since partnered with businesses and establishments in Salt Lake City and other areas in Utah to provide great value services such as Pay-Per-Click Management, Social Media Marketing and E-Commerce Marketing.
Article Provided By:
Adaptivity Pro Web Design
Salt Lake City Utah
P.O. Box 951049
South Jordan, UT