The Ins and Outs of Link Building
Link Building involves linking external websites and pages to a website. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is simply one tactic used by Utah SEO companies to further encourage search results.
Building links is a difficult, time consuming process. Additionally, not all links are equal. High quality links, such as those to prominent websites, such as “The Washington Post,” make a significantly greater impact with search engine results’ pages. However, high quality links are few and far between, but it’s not impossible to build links using everyday resources.
Link building is vital to achieving organic search rankings, so it’s important that businesses understand how link building works.
The Importance of Link Building
Link building plays a significant factor in Google’s web page rankings. One of the factors Google uses is ranking, which determines link popularity. This includes several aspects including the authority of linking pages, the content optimization of linked sites and the anchor text for incoming links.
Generally, Google rewards websites that have external links, as this allows for even higher content ranking.
There are several strategies that companies can use when attempting to build external links.
- Reviews – Ask bloggers to review products or services and have them link back to the site and/or product.
- Content – By creating unique, compelling content, more people will want to link to the site.
- Submissions – By submitting company information to directories or distributing press releases, this helps get the word out and ultimately promotes a website.
- Links – Ask partners, friends and family for external links. This is essentially a “you rub my back, I’ll rub yours,” that can prove very beneficial to online link building.
Internal Link Building
While external link building is often difficult to control, companies can focus on using internal link building strategies.
- Keyword Research – Using keyword research tools, Utah web design companies are able to generate a detailed list that highlights popular and relevant keywords.
- Content Keywords – By assigning keywords to content, this creates a search-friendly format for Google.
- Link Pages – The aforementioned keywords should then be linked to pertinent site links, which is known as inter-linking.
Most businesses know that link building is a complicated process, one that takes a significant amount of time. By hiring a SLC web design company, such as Adaptivity Pro, companies can place this responsibility in the hands of trained experts. With proven results, Adaptivity Pro has a lengthy list of accomplishments, including taking Yellowstone Resort to the first and second search engine result pages for 162 of 180 pertinent keywords.