Is It Time for a Website Redesign?
As they say, life is a constant change. And the same is true for websites. Your website cannot remain static. The website project is not something you cross out of your company’s to-do list and then forget. With the effort and expense used to build the website, you constantly need to ensure that your website does what you want it to do.
If you say yes to any of these, then it’s time for a website overhaul:
- Your company is undergoing rebranding. When the company is changing direction on how they want people to see their brand (its image and message), it entails more than the changes in the logo or color scheme. It goes deeper than that. Your website may require an overhaul to project the new company brand through the website’s layout, overall design and functionality, visuals, content and keywords. This also goes for all your collateral and marketing material such as ads, brochures, forms and so on.
- You need to add tools for managing content. How easy is it to update your website? Do you have the tools to measure the latest metric? With today’s fast-paced environment, you need to keep fresh content and also provide analytics tools to changing metrics/standards. If you need to call in your web programmers to make these changes, do so. And while they are at it, you can redesign your website to integrate better analytics tools, as well as a content management system.
- Your website is not responsive. How well does it present your webpages when various mobile devices are used? Your website should provide the optimal user experience regardless of what mobile device was used to access it. Failure to do so can only annoy users who will find scrolling left to right just to read a line of text not worth their effort. This subsequently means lost traffic and possible leads.
- It has been five years since the website was built or redesigned. Websites have their own “expiration date”. You want the website’s look and feel to appear fresh and up-to-date. With the fast pace of innovations and changes in web design principles (as well as changes in how the website is accessed), five years may even be conservative. By redesigning your website at least every 5 years, you prevent it from looking stale and dated.
- You are nowhere near the top results in major search engines. Search engines also change their metrics from time to time. Also, you have competitors working to get to the top rankings. You need to analyze where you can improve the website to make it more search engine-friendly. This includes the choice and usage of keywords, the way the website is organized and how you use and label photos.
- There are changes in your company’s business requirements. As your company grows, so will the demands and requirements of your operations systems, which also include your website. This is especially true if you are into e-commerce or enabling clients to manage their accounts via the internet. A regular review and redesign of your website can prevent the website from getting too unwieldy for your users.
- The website has more than its fair share of 404 error pages. Ideally, your website should be free of broken or dead links. However, if you are citing other websites in your blog, you cannot guarantee a 100% error free website. First, you need to redesign how the error page looks like. Usually, you can direct the user back to the previous page, the home page or the search bar.
About Adaptivity Pro
Website redesign is not as simple as you think. There are some factors that have to be considered and care should be made to ensure you do not lose any SEO mileage you have earned. Adaptivity Pro is your Utah web design (and redesign) experts. Our crack team of writers, SLC SEO specialists, artists and designers have what it takes to bring your website to the next level through a website redesign project. We bring our top-notch capabilities and experience to meet each client’s internet-based requirements.