Use Local Utah SEO Techniques
Optimize Your Google Places Ad
Local listings that make use of SEO opportunities are not only an important part of Utah online marketing for your small business, it is essential. The problem is that these days it is not enough just for you to simply create an ok looking listing. You have to put some real thought and effort into it. This is the only way that you can make local online marketing work for you as a valuable tool for your online marketing. Following the tips and strategies of those who are experienced will help you a great deal.
Why Use Google Places for SEO Purposes?
The answer to the above question concerning local online marketing is because it will greatly increase your exposure to real potential customers. You can take advantage of the great feature of Google Places for your business in any city of this nation and get equally great effects. Google Places is a wonderfully effective marketing tool that was introduced in 2004. It displays the information for local businesses. Here are just a few keypoints:
- 82% of local searches done on Google end up with the person contacting the business
- 73% of the Internet’s activity relates to Google’s local content
- 66% of all Americans find local business through the use of local search
For local searches, Google displays a total of seven results on the first page. Getting a ranking within Google’s top seven requires a lot of time and effort. Creating and making the best use of Google Places can be a very good start in your account to do so. You can get started immediately by registering and adding your business today.
How You Can Benefit More from Google Listings
There is much more to do when concerning online marketing. Once you have successfully added the business to Google Places, you will then want to optimize their listing so that you can get the most effectiveness from that listing. To do this, you need to become aware of the various options that Google Places as to offer in addition to what you have already done with your regular search engine optimization efforts. One thing that plays to your advantage is the fact that these listings appear above all organic traffic. They also take up much more page space than in the regular listing and include a very noticeable map to the top right side of the ad.
After your website is done and you are ready to set up your Google ad, the very first thing you need to do in order to optimize your listing with Google Places is to follow their rules and terms. Be sure to read them and to take heed. You do not want to waste all your time and effort in creating a listing only for it to be suspended or removed. For instance, do not create more than one listing per phone number, or you could find yourself having to go back to edit or create an entirely new listing.
After the initial steps are completed, there are also plenty of other ways that you should consider in order to play on the highly competitive field of Google Places. Following are five key ways in order for you to get within the top seven local results for Google:
1. Create a listing in the other large local directories such as Bing, Best of the Web, Foursquare, Yelp, Yahoo, and Hotfrog.
2. When creating your description, use keywords and list a few of the areas where potential customers live.
3. Be sure that your listing has a score of 100%. You can do that by filling out absolutely all of the available fields. Surprisingly, most businesses do not do this even though getting into the top seven now demands that you do just that.
4. Get reviews by encouraging your clients to write them inside your Google Places listing.
5. Add your address and phone number in the footer of your website to let Google know where you are located.
Google Tips that Support Utah Web Design
Now that you have a general idea of what needs to be done in order to get the most benefit from Google Places listing that follows, it is now time to go into a little bit more detail on what can be done for the purpose of optimizing the ads that place. Below are some very effective and important tips that you should always follow. If you can do these things you can maximize your chances of getting within the top seven.
- Complete all of the blank fields on the first submission page. It is extremely important to not leave anything blank. Even if the information is not required, try to provide something within the field. The more content you put in your listing, the more Google likes it.
- Take the time to carefully write a description. Include at least a few keywords as well as your city and state. This is not a place to waste space since you’re only allowed 200 characters.
- When filling out your company name, there are a few things you can do in order to optimize the content within this field. One thing you can do is include a keyword within this field. Another thing you can do is add the name of your primary city. It is important, however, that you do not go overboard. For instance, if you attempt to cram more than a few keywords into this area, it is likely that your competition will notice and report your listing to Google.
- In order to choose a category, type in your best keywords and see if any category suggestions come up that are relevant. You are allowed to choose five categories and should make use of all five in this way if you wish to get the most out of this section.
- Other things that you will want to take care of will include the Service Areas and Locations Settings, business hours, payment options, photos, videos, and additional details.
- You should, of course, make sure that you link your listing to your website. Also, if your business has multiple locations, you should make sure that each location has a subpage on your website and that you individualize your listing so that it will point to a particular location on your website’s subpage.
Adaptivity Pro is a local Salt Lake City web design and internet marketing company. They know all the Utah SEO techniques to help a business see more traffic flow to their website. They know what each of their clients need to do and will let them know all their internet marketing options. They specialize in design work, programming and search engine optimization activity to provide the best return on investment for businesses.
Article Provided By:
Adaptivity Pro Web Design
Salt Lake City Utah
P.O. Box 951049
South Jordan, UT