Does PPC Effect Sales?
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns are a form of Internet advertising that helps drive traffic to websites. This form of advertising pays the publisher when a customer clicks on the ad.
To help make PPC campaigns effective, there are several key marketing strategies that companies can implement to get the most out of PPC budgets.
- Active – PPC marketing must be updated regularly, which ensures that companies stay on top of ad campaigns. Campaigns should be reviewed and changed every week.
- Specific – Long keywords have less competition, meaning they generally cost less per click. However, statistics show that at least one in four small businesses rely on broad keywords that are extremely competitive. It’s also important that companies add negative keywords to their PPC campaigns. Negative keywords are eliminated from search results, which prevents ads from showing to people that aren’t interested in offerings.
- Relevant – Google rates ad campaigns based on a Quality Score. This score is based on ads and click-through rates of keywords. This score significantly impacts PPC campaigns, and companies that achieve a high Quality Score are offered savings up to 50-percent. By targeting unique ads and keywords, PPC is an effective marketing tool.
- Creativity – Instead of having all PPC direct to companies’ homepages, it’s important to keep diversified link profiles. For example, if a consumer is looking for a baking pan, a kitchen company should consider linking to their baking supplies, instead of overwhelming a consumer with their homepage. Having conversion tracking installed on websites can also help companies determine if ads are beneficial.
- Mobile-Friendly – With more consumers using tablets and Smartphones to search and browse the Internet, it’s important that companies have mobile-friendly websites. Click-to-call extensions can actually help boost click-through-rates by an astounding 10-percent. These call extensions are often utilized by mobile users, as they can call with questions.
- Start Small – While it may take a while to get a PPC campaign up and running, it’s important to start small and never stop. Perseverance is the key to having a successful business. It may take a while to identify successful keywords, but PPC campaigns have the potential to be extremely profitable and rewarding for companies.
Professional Utah web design companies understand the importance of incorporating PPC and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) campaigns. Adaptivity Pro is a premiere leader in SLC web design and specializes in creating outstanding web page content, outbound links, incoming links, social media and PPC campaigns. Adaptivity Pro helps companies gain higher rankings on Google, Bing, Yahoo and other Internet search engines. Adaptivity Pro works with companies to create unique PPC campaigns that are budget-friendly and help to effectively determine how many potential leads companies will receive.