Tips for SEO Friendly e-Commerce Websites
Adaptivity Pro, an expert in Utah SEO, has substantial experience transforming companies’ e-Commerce websites. They use a variety of techniques, including optimized product descriptions, essential SLC SEO keywords and product page content. In fact, Adaptivity Pro helped take a kitchenware website from a mere $20,000 in monthly sales to more than $250,000 a month within a short six month period.
How can companies transform their e-commerce websites with SEO friendly content?
- Domain Name – This is an essential component to having a successful website. It’s important that domain names highlight the products and also be easy to remember. Instead of selecting keyword based domain names, which are easily subject to change when Google overhauls their algorithms, it’s best to select names that appeal to customers.
- Hosting – Long-term domain hosting is the best for companies. Additionally, if a company is targeting overseas, it’s advisable to include this in the domain address. For example, if a website targets England, consider using the co.uk extension. In Japan, traditional domains include co.jp.
- SEO URLs – This doesn’t refer to the domain name, but instead the URL that highlights pages. For example in the following URL www.adaptivitypro.com/porftolio, this would be the “portfolio” portion.
- 301 Redirects – For items that are no longer being offered, it’s best to use a 301 redirect to point customers to a new page. This helps ensure that visitors are not left hanging with invalid pages.
- Canonicalization – Even if pages have different URLs, but identical content, Google considers these as duplications. By using the following commands <link rel=”canonical” href=””/> web designers can direct Google to the main, or chief, URL.
- SiteMap.xml – This plays a large role in making websites crawlable to search engines. This is essentially a complete list of pages on the site. SiteMap.xml is designed for search engines, while sitemap.html is specifically designed for users, allowing them to view information about the site.
- Robots.txt – This directs Google to not crawl certain pages, which is especially helpful for sensitive or private information.
- W3c Validation – A central component of SLC web design is ensuring that websites run smoothly. This includes confirming that websites do not have any errors. This command easily highlights errors, allowing mistakes to be cleared, ultimately making pages more search engine friendly.
- Google Webmaster Tools – This complimentary service allows companies to find malware and errors on websites, even offering the ability to solve these complicated problems.
While this list is not comprehensive, it gives companies an idea of the advanced services that Utah SEO companies offer. Using tried and true methods, their experts have the proprietary knowledge to elevate e-Commerce sales and boost companies’ revenues.